[Serusers] IMPORANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Launch of new iptel.org site!!

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Aug 16 09:50:09 CEST 2006

Dear all!

We are doing this the soft way: Launching when everybody is on vacation :-D

We have for some time now been working on putting up a new
community-based framework for the iptel.org open source projects. Our
aim is to step-wise address lack of documentation, roadmap, release
plans, transparent management and so on.

The new http://iptel.org/ site contains quite a lot of content.  There
is still plenty to migrate from the old iptel.org site, ONsip.org, as
well as better organize documentation around SER development and
releases.  You can help out with that by adding a small FAQ, how-to,
copy something from ONsip.org that you found particularly helpful and so on!

We have created some basic content that we hope you will help comment
and develop further. Here are some pointers to content on the new site:
About the new site and how to contribute content
http://www.iptel.org/iptelorgsite/intro

How to get started with SER?
http://www.iptel.org/ser/using

Overview of documentation
http://www.iptel.org/doc

The old ONsip.org Getting Started document
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/gettingstarted

Contributed modules and patches
http://www.iptel.org/ser/contributions

A beginning skeleton for a roadmap
http://www.iptel.org/ser/roadmap

A wishlist for future versions
http://www.iptel.org/ser/wishlist

Release policies
http://www.iptel.org/ser/development/release_policies

Below is the launch announcement.

Best regards,
Greger Teigre
g-)

The new http://iptel.org/, home of SER, SEMS, and SERWeb is now up. If
you have an account from ONsip.org, you can log in using your old
ONsip.org username/password. However, all content is available without
registration.

The new site is supported by the joint efforts of the iptel.org and
ONsip.org teams. Our aim is to dramatically improve the project
communication, documentation, and development process. The start is
already up there, and we have many plans. The best thing of all: The new
http://iptel.org site is a great basis for contributions from anyone.

We are working on migrating and organizing the remaining content from
the old site, but meanwhile you can access everything from the old site
from http://dog.iptel.org/

We look forward to a revitalised SER open source project!