[Serusers] presence_b2b UA

Curt Moore tgrman21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 00:54:42 CEST 2006

Vaclav,

The end goal is to have the SIP phones send a SUBSCRIBE to the SER
server acting as a presence server, which is also acting as a proxy
for presence requests.  The SER presence server will then send a
SUBSCRIBE request to multiple Asterisk servers which are acting as
PAs.

After altering my config, I now have the SIP phones correctly
receiving NOTIFY messages from the presence server based on the
registration state of the watched device.  The next challenge is for
the presence server to generate a SUBSCRIBE out to an Asterisk server
and then be able to relay that status back to the presence server via
a NOTIFY message.  From what you have described, the upcoming
modifications to the PA module may be what is needed.

Once the PA module allows for this behavior, how would I configure SER
so that whenever a SUBSCRIBE is received from a SIP user, the b2b UA
would then generate a SUBSCRIBE out to another SIP entity, such as an
Asterisk server?  Would this be done via a resource list and whenever
a SUBSCRIBE is received for a particular SIP user, the QSA would query
RLS to see if a resource list exists for that particular SIP user and
generate the necessary SUBSCRIBE messages out to all of the SIP
entities on the resource list?

Sorry if I've confused anyone, I'm still trying to understand how all
of the new presence functionality integrates into SER.

Also, great job to Vaclav and all those who have worked on getting
more robust presence support into SER! Thank you all!

-Curt