[Serusers] G729 codecs --help

ravi reddy mravikreddy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 13:52:59 CEST 2006

Hi users,

      I have one doubt here please try to give some information to me.

 I am using SER-0.9.6 with mediaproxy-1.7.2

and for testing purpose i am using grandstream adapter handytone-496

If i make changes in codecs in grandstream that it should only use g729
codec --the call is not implemented

"here what i want to know is does grandstream support G729 codec or the
adapter compress the voice  in G729 format when we select g729"?

if later is correct , so we must have to implement g729 codec in SER or in
mediaproxy  so how we can do that?

if i put G711 only,- the call is implementing or other wise the call cannot
be made by the SER.

so please give me some information regarding this :-(

                             Thank You.

Regards,
Ravi.