[Users] icmp port unreachable

Helge Waastad helge at smartnet.no
Wed Aug 30 08:41:47 CEST 2006

Hi,
(just a little bit on the side-bar)

I've had some discussion with the developer of twinkle (which is, BTW, a
very nice linux softphone) regarding handeling icmp port unreachable and
switching to a lower priority SIP router (by DNS SRV).

It seems like the dist I'm using (Dapper, kernel 2.6.15-26) will not
easily allow the applications to receive the icmp on an unconnected udp
socket, hence failover will not work. However on an 2.6.11.4-21.11
kernel it works.

Does anyone know if there are any kernel opts which should be added for
having this kind of support?

Just my thoughts this morning......