[Users] OpenSER AstLinux build posted for testing

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Aug 30 08:33:55 CEST 2006

Hello OpenSer Users,

	It seems that many of you are also Asterisk users or at least subscribe
to asterisk-users.  Some of you might recognize AstLinux...

	Just in case you don't:

http://www.astlinux.org

---and---

http://www.sf.net/projects/astlinux [in transition]

	Anyways, I have long hoped to build a version of AstLinux that includes
OpenSer.  Basically, what I have done is taken astlinux-trunk, add
openser, add rtpproxy, de-select the Asterisk packages, and build!

	What I got was 11mb (gzipped) disk images ready to be written to CF
cards/hard disks.  As usual, I have created two images:

*net4801.img.gz is for the Soekris net4801 SBC

*i586.img.gz is for just about any i586 and higher machine

	There is also an ISO image ready to boot on or install to most i586 or
higher machines.  You guessed it, it is the one with .iso in the
filename.  It includes both the net4801 and i586 images.

	These are 48mb gzipped disk images, with GRUB bootloader and ext2 root
filesystem.  If you want to write them to disk, try this:

gunzip [image.gz]
dd if=[output file.img] of=/dev/sdb # <--- VERIFY THIS DEVICE

	Where /dev/sdb is where your USB CF flash adapter is.

	If you want access to the ext2 filesystem, try this:

gunzip [image.gz]
mkdir /mnt/image
mount -t ext2 -o loop,offset=32256 [image.gz] /mnt/image

	If you are curious about how these images were created, take a look at
SVN on the astlinux project page.

	The OpenSer version used for these builds was openser-1.1.0-notls.  I
built every module that did not depend on an external library that I
don't have yet (sorry, no mysql, jabber, or radius yet).

	I need help!!!

	For the time being, I don't have mysql.  Also, because AstLinux is
targeted for compact flash, mysql isn't a good idea anyways.  I was not
able to get a working configuration in the time alloted using DBTEXT.
Does anyone have a sample config that I can put in this build?  As of
now, openser, rtpproxy, openser modules, and all of the astlinux-style
init scripts are done.  All I need is a good sample config file to make
it "plug and play".

	I also need testing!

My current to-do list:

- add mysql (and the openser modules, of course)

- add radius support (freeradius?)

- jabber/xmpp (depending on size, complexity, etc)

- fix astshape (iproute2-based traffic shaper) RTP TOS values to be the
same that rtpproxy uses, and standardize this across all astlinux builds

- COME UP WITH A NAME.  I have no idea what to call this thing.  Any
suggestions?  SERlinux (or something like it) is too obvious and boring!

	You can grab the goodies here:

http://www.krisk.org/openser/

	Regardless, I hope that someone finds this interesting or useful.  Let
me know what you think!

--
Kristian Kielhofner