[Users] Incorrect Route header

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Mon Aug 28 16:36:42 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I am running a NATing proxy.  Everything works fine, except that
some of my neighbour proxies send me BYE requests with an incorrect
Route header containing their own IP address.

The result is naturally that my proxy sends back the request and
the call is never ended.

I know this is a wrong behaviour and I have contacted the remote
administrator to have him fix his proxy.  But in the meantime
I would like to find a workaround for my users.

I tried to do the following, before calling loose_routing().  I am
not sure if it's relevant or not nevertheless:

% if (method == "BYE") {
% 	# XXX Remove buggy Route header from BYE packets.
% 	xlog("L_ALERT", "Removing buggy Route header from BYE request");
% 	remove_hf("Route");
% 	lookup("location");
% }

However, I raised the verbosity level and found that the Route header
is read as soon as the packet is received, therefore the above
block is not really useful.

Thank you for your ideas.
Regards,
--