[Users] RTPProxy non working?

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Sat Aug 26 15:25:36 CEST 2006

I'm trying to install rtpproxy. It usually works, but there are some
cases that don't work.

For example, when a Cisco PSTN gateway is called, RTP traffic is proxied
in one direction only. I think the problem is in the handling of the
reply received from the gateway: it have two "c" lines but only one is
modified.

Here it is the body of the original reply:

v=0.
o=CiscoSystemsSIP-GW-UserAgent 2199 2489 IN IP4 83.211.2.216.
s=SIP Call.
c=IN IP4 83.211.2.217.
t=0 0.
m=audio 18850 RTP/AVP 8 13 101.
c=IN IP4 83.211.2.217.
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000.
a=rtpmap:13 CN/8000.
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000.
a=fmtp:101 0-11.
a=direction:passive.

And here it is the body modified by rtpproxy:

v=0.
o=CiscoSystemsSIP-GW-UserAgent 2199 2489 IN IP4 83.211.2.216.
s=SIP Call.
c=IN IP4 83.211.2.217.
t=0 0.
m=audio 35086 RTP/AVP 8 13 101.
c=IN IP4 195.120.250.49.
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000.
a=rtpmap:13 CN/8000.
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000.
a=fmtp:101 0-11.
a=direction:passive.
a=nortpproxy:yes.

Only the secondo "c" line contain the IP of our rtpproxy. I don't know
RTP enough to understand if the problem is in rtpproxy or in the gateway.

Thanks for any info.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it