[Users] Byes not accounted

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Tue Aug 22 19:45:09 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I have got a strange problem with my accounting. This is my scenario:

I have a registered user dialling a pstn number. The call is connected and then the registered UA switches off the IP device and there is no BYE from the registered UA.
Now the pstn gateway sends a BYE after certain period and Openser tries to send that BYE to the registered UA, but the registered UA is powered off and it never replies.
So Openser retransmits the BYE messages and finally generates a 408 response towards the gateway. But Openser does not account that BYE in the acc table.
According to me, the Openser should acount that BYE for proper accouning, Please correct me if I am wrong. Also suggest some method so that I can make the unacknowledged BYEs account in the acc table.

In my config I have:
    if(method=="BYE") {
        setflag(1);
    };

    if(method!="REGISTER") { record_route();};

    setflag(1);

    if(loose_route()) { .....
     #the rest logic} an so on.

I have flag 1 as db_flag.