[Users] Confused on routing...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Aug 7 20:38:35 CEST 2006

Hello,

there are two terms RPID you can find in sip, one is related to caller's
id (Remote Party ID) and the other is related to rich presence
information data format.

Actually, none of them are using for routing. The request URI and Route
headers are important for routing. Of course, you can set routing rules
based on caller ID or other details, it is a matter of your needs.

RFC3261 and 3263 should give you a better picture about sip routing.