[Users] heders in route & failure_route blocks

OpenSer Users openser-users at list.coretech.ro
Tue Aug 1 14:27:20 CEST 2006

hello,

I want to add Remote-Party-ID header in route block and change it in
failure_route block.
the problem is that after the failure_route block the message sent out
has two Remote-Party-ID headers.

in failure_route I am using remove_hf("Remote-Party-ID")

scenario:
original invite has no Remote-Party-ID header
in route block I use: remove_hf("Remote-Party-ID"); append_rpid_hf("<",
">;party=calling;privacy=full")
in failure_route block I use: remove_hf("Remote-Party-ID");
append_rpid_hf("<", ">;party=calling;privacy=off")

the invite sent out after failure_route block has two Remote-Party-ID
headers, one with privacy=full and another with privacy=off.

is there a way to correct the problem ?
from what I understand the failure_route block works on a copy of the
original message, but the original message has no Remote-Party-ID
header, so why the header from the route block is still visible ?
on the other hand if the header added from the route block is visible
why is it no seen by the remove_hf function ?

thanks,
Razvan Radu