[Serusers] SER / SEMS Problem

Alexandr Dubovikov shurik at start4.info
Mon Apr 24 09:55:55 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 10:56:13PM +0100, Jon Farmer wrote:

> Alexandr Dubovikov wrote:
>
> > If you use a new sems, it doesn't support fifo to ser communcation. Rigth way to use
> > unix_socket.
> >
> > for old ser, check sems fifo socket in the /tmp dir.
>

> I am using sems_ser_rel_0_9_0_snapshot_190505.tar.bz2 the readme file
> talks about using fifo. So it is really the case that it is only
> unix_socket that it supports?

FIFO server vs. unix socket server
----------------------------------
Under heavy load, especially when many calls are initiated at once, the fifo
buffer can be too small. Therefore unix sockets can be used to write a request
from ser to sems. Unix sockets only work in cvs version of both ser and sems.

So, use only unix_sockets between SEMS && SER.

> Regards
>
> Jon
>
> --
> Jon Farmer