[Serusers] cisco sip phones?

Jan Bollen jbollen at cisco.com
Tue Apr 18 09:03:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 Steve Blair kneaded and moulded:

|Gould, Aaron wrote:
|
|> in this sentence what does version 7 speak of?  version 7 of what?
|> " - if you're running version 7 or higher there is no need for the OS79XX.TXT
|> file"
|>
|Cisco's SIP image version. For example v7.3.

 Hello Aaron,

 Yes, indeed, I meant the SIP firmware version running on the Cisco
SIP phones. Since then the phone does not need the OS79XX.TXT file
anymore to determine if it will stay running SIP or needs to change
protocol (MGCP or SCCP).

 Best regards,
 Jan

|> thanks jan in advance
|> aaron
|>
|> ________________________________

|> > |
|> > |
|> > |

|> > |> |
|> > it was ...
|> > |> |

|> > |> |
|> > phones....."...2000-2006"
|> > |> |
|> > upgrade.....now they boot up and go through a decision tree to find a valid
|> > config file which i haven't been able to figure out yet......
|> > |> |
|> > |> |
|> > |> |
|> > |> |