[Serusers] cisco sip phones?

Jan Bollen jbollen at cisco.com
Tue Apr 18 08:59:03 CEST 2006

 Hello Jiri,

 Most probably my expression 'under control' is too harsh. It means
that the SIP firmware of those phones is made so that you can manage
those phones from CCM 5.0 as you would do with SCCP phones with Call
Manager 4.x and earlier: upgrade/downgrade, enabling/disabling of
features, download of softkeys, dialplan files.

 Today there is not yet a SIP firmware for the 79[11|41|61|70|71]
phones that allows you to use them as the 79[05|12|40|60] today , i.e.
independently from any brand of SIP proxy, registrar or redirect
server. It is also possible to use non-Cisco SIP phones with CCM5.0

 kind regards,
 Jan

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 Jiri Kuthan kneaded and moulded:

|Hi Jan,
|
|I am just curious -- what does it mean exactly it speaks SIP only under CCM5.0?
|
|Thanks!

|-jiri

|At 15:40 12/04/2006, Jan Bollen wrote:
|
|> Hi,
|>
|> Directly from Cisco or not, I'm also (ssshhttt) a SER user...:-)
|>
|> The list is correct with respect to SIP, but it depends on the call
|>agent.
|>
|> 7905, 7912, 7940 and 7960 have a SIP firmware that can be installed
|>and used independently from any other gear/software. Well, you need at
|>least a TFTP server and possibly a SIP proxy/registrar/gateway to talk
|>to.
|>
|> The others can run SIP when under control of CCM5.0. There is no
|>"independent" SIP firmware for the 7941,7961,7970,7971. Yet.
|>
|> cheers,
|> Jan
|>

|>On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 Cesc kneaded and moulded:
|>
|>|wow ... directly from cisco :)
|>|
|>|so, the list of 79xx phones which can be upgraded to sip is correct?
|>|Tks!
|>|
|>|Cesc
|>|