[Serusers] SER & MySQL Cluster v5 - no caching!

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Sun Apr 16 16:41:02 CEST 2006

Hi!

Nick Hoffman wrote:

>>Have a look at the usrloc-cl module in the experimental-branch of SER
>>(CVS rel_0_9_0) or the db_mode=3 of the usrloc module in OpenSER (CVS
>>HEAD).

> Hi Kerker. I knew that db_mode could a value of 0, 1, or 2, but haven't
> heard of 3. What does db_mode=3 do that's different from 1 and 2?

Do not confuse OpenSER and (Iptel) SER.
db_mode 3 on Iptel SER is the READONLY DB mode (in CVS HEAD) which upon
start reads data from a database and afterwards drops the connection.
The somewhat same behaviour can be achieved using save_memory()
on OpenSER.

The cacheless approach you are looking for has been implemented in
the userloc-cl module as pointed out by Nick.
Please take into account that synchronizing the MySQL cluster
will result in performance penalties but on the other hand
you should have everything in memory courtesy of MySQL ;)

What number of parallel registrations are you looking at?
There are probably better ways of doing this than MySQL Cluster,

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz at raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/
drag me, drop me - treat me like an object