[Serusers] How can i setup SER on Cygwin?

PREVOT Paul prevot at enseirb.fr
Tue Apr 11 10:31:03 CEST 2006

Hi Garima,

I think it's a really strange idea. Could you explain why you prefer
installing SER on Windows/cygwin than on linux? Just for fun or for real
motivations?

Does Cygwin provide you exactly the same file system or sockets use as
Linux?
Concretely, what about this ser.cfg line : fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo" ? Will
cygwin be able to write something in that file?

Paul, dubious