[Users] call forwarding and billing

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 28 18:02:32 CEST 2006

Hi folks,
  I have implemented the openser.cfg with forwarding and voicemail features completely. Only problem is,
  if the user is forwarding the call on a pstn number how should he be billed, as the one who has forwarded is accountable and not the one who called.
  I have implemented forwarding using avps serial forking method. I've read about multiple leg accounting and was not successful in understanding it properly. The docs only mention to set the parametrs and after I set the params, I get a n/a in src_leg and dst_leg column. Can someone pls give me examples of successfully using multiple leg accounting in openser.cfg.
  Is it like, the call leg accounting will only take place if there is a 3XX response from the server. I am asking this as my cfg does not produce any 302 response, but creates a brand new Invite request for the forwarded call. Can someone pls tell me more about multi-leg accounting.
  Also I read about the diversion module which can be used in the forwarding scenarios.
  But I added the diversion header and forwarded the call to Cisco gateway, it gave a 400 Bad Request reponse saying 'Malformed CC-Diversion/Diversion/CC-Redirect Header'. Can someone explain what does this mean.

  It will help me a lot as this is the only thing I am left with.
  Thanks a lot in advance.

  w/regards,
  Jayesh