[Users] How to extract sip-id when using alias-id?

Frogger froggerandbongo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 16:43:12 CEST 2006

Good point.
I need to clarify...

The alias is working to route to the user however if
the timer expires, the route fails or if there is a
reject, the failure routes are applying their logic to
the alias-id not the sip-id.

What I need to do is apply the failure route logic to
the sip-id so we can send the attempt to voicemail.

Let say I have an alias of 1000 at sip.com for sip-id
5551212 at sip.com.

When 1000 at sip.com is dialed by another user in the
domain (I am using "use_domain") the call is properly
routed to:  5551212 at sip.com.

However, if 5551212 at sip.com does not answer, timer
expires, or a reject, then the failure logic is be
applied to the alias.

Failure route says:

prefix("66");
append_branch();