[Users] Dispatching to and checking for trusted UACs

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 27 20:47:07 CEST 2006

Andreas Granig writes:

 > As far as I can see, it's basically the same concept as for
 > load_gws()/next_gw() and from_gw() with some additional checks for
 > incoming requests, isn't it?

no, as you point out, there is no fail-over capability.

 > In many situations it's also not handy to split up incoming and outgoing
 > peers into separate tables (administration overhead). But as you have
 > pointed out, it's made to fit your own needs.

a peer may have more than one proxy, one for incoming and abother for
outgoing traffic.

 > - if one has performance issues with non-cached load_gws(), he maybe
 > should consider using caching anyway.

extremely slow, which prompted development of caching version of lcr
module.

so i would suggest that if you want to include your functionality into
lcr module, please do it using caching, because the idea is to deprecate
non-cached version of lcr implementation once we have had enough
practical experience with caching so that we are confident that there
are no bugs in it.

-- juha