[Users] question about adding users

Tue Apr 25 09:34:27 CEST 2006

Hi!

Some basic: SIP URIs are similar to email addresses (mailto URIs). they
consist of a userpart and a domain. Just imagine the email address
"mailto:klaus". That want work. Using only usernames without domains it
will be impossible to call users outside you domain.

As SIP was built with the idea to contact any SIP user in the world (not
only the SIP users REGISTERed to your SIP proxy), there is a need for
the domain.

Also I recommend to enable the multi domain mode:
modparam("auth_db|usrloc", "use_domain", 1)

then it is possible to hast different domains on your SIP proxy. (Just
like apache is hosting virtual domains/home pages).

regards
klaus