[Users] Problem with openser.cfg

Tue Apr 25 09:20:55 CEST 2006

li gh wrote:
> Thank you!
> The local user is 1001 at proxy1 <mailto:1001 at proxy1>, calling
> sip:2001 at proxy2,
> so the SIP signaling should be relayed to proxy2 by proxy1,
> but I cannot capture any SIP packet from proxy1 to proxy2.

Put log statements into openser.cfg and watch them in syslog. This will
give you details what is going wrong. make sure proxy1 is able to
resolve "proxy2" to the corresponding IP address (DNS).

> When I call another user also registered to proxy1
> (e.g. sip:1004 at proxy1), there is no problem.
>
> How to "start it manually" ? Just type "openser stop" then "openser start"?
> Or by other ways? I have no idea.

just "openser" as root will start openser. Then you can use "ps
-Alf|grep openser" to find out the PID of the openser processes. To stop
openser manually, find the lowest PID and kill openser with "kill PID"
(replace PID with the value)

regards
klaus