[Users] Question regarding OpenSER behind NATs with NATed clients

Justin Pearce justin at pricevideo.com
Wed Apr 12 15:54:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I figured that if the proxy was behind a NAT that it would need port
forwarding. But, if the clients are behind different NATs, is there
anything special that needs to be in place, aside from port forwarding
on their firewalls? If the clients are able to determine their own
public IP addresses, is there anything I still need to do to ensure that
INVITEs and BYEs get to the right place (like NATHELPER and RTPPROXY or
MEDIAPROXY)?

I'm trying to figure which direction I need to go with this before I
start to do something, only to find that I needed to go the other way
with it.

Thanks,
Justin Pearce
Price Video Productions