[Serusers] Scalability in presence notification

Vincent Luba vincent.luba at multitel.be
Fri Sep 9 12:35:12 CEST 2005

You're right in my case I'll have to use server based.
I've performed some load tests with SER and noticed that PUBLISH & SUBSCRIBE
requests uses lot of CPU power while NOTIFY request are not that cpu
intensive.

> Additionally, you also have to consider SIP implementations.
> There are not thousands of SIP clients which supports all
> presence modes. Some clients supports end2end, some clients
> support server based. The same with SIP proxies.
>
> Conlusion. Get some clients and implement both scenarios and
> find the one which fits your needs.

I'll be using a GnomeMeeting mod client and server based presence should be
enabled.

Thank you for you information,

Vincent