[Serusers] loose routing of BYE from UDP to TCP

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:50:45 CEST 2005

> That's a bad hack. Try to get a fix for the broken UA.

  If only that were an option. I will send them a bug report but its
unlikely to be fixed soon and there are many, many in the field with many
more deployed each day.
 I am only thankful SER gives me the tools to fix this problem.
 I think the problem with UAs being non-compliant with sutler aspects of the
'standard' RFCs is only going to become worse, as price pressures force the
cost of SIP based CPE down.
 When John Wang discovers how to get a 256 byte SIP stack running in a .50c
PIC from his garage in Taiwan, I doubt he will be to worried about Contact
URI parameters.
 many thanks for your help on this.
 Mark