[Serusers] Proxy Behaviour on a parallel fork

jim.pafford at comcast.net jim.pafford at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 22:57:00 CEST 2005

In ser 0.9.3 I am seeing the following problem with a parallel forking scenario. The SER is sending the final Request ACK to the wrong location every time. Is there a way to fix this.  See below:

Endpoint (xyz at 1.1.1.1) sends Invite(abc123 at proxy.com) to the SER.
SER looks up location and then sends the following three messages:
TRYING back to (xyz at 1.1.1.1)
INVITE to abc123 at 2.2.2.2
INVITE to abc123 at 3.3.3.3

This looks good so far.
SER then gets back ringing from both endpoints and sends along to xyz at 1.1.1.1

abc123 at 3.3.3.3 answers the call and sends back OK
SER then sends OK to xyz at 1.1.1.1 - Still good
SER then sends CANCEL to abc123 at 2.2.2.2
abc123 at 2.2.2.2 responds with 200 Canceling - so far so good.

Now xyz at 1.1.1.1 sends the ACK to (abc123 at proxy.com) - Still looks good.

But now after looking up location for abc123 SER sends the ACK to the wrong endpoint abc123 at 2.2.2.2

What am I doing wrong? SER always sends the ACK back to the first address in the list as shown by serctl ul show abc123.  Is there a way to correct this so that SER knows the correct endpoint to relay the ACK to? Seems like it should understand which endpoint sent back the OK to the original INVITE and then send the ACK to that endpoint and not the first one in the list after a location lookup.

thanks,
Jim