[Serusers] installation & first run problem (I am new, ...)

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Sep 29 09:18:33 CEST 2005

I am new to SER, forgive me if I use "strange terms" or ask stupid or
obviously things ;-)

I downloaded SER and compiled from source. I tried to use the
ser_mysql.sh script to create the database and the permittion.

For me unknown reasons, the permissions for all ser(ro) are set to 'N'
in the table mysql.user
I tried to change it to 'Y' with

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ser.* to 'ser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'

but that does not change anything in the mysql.user

Strange is also that the database ser does not show up at all in
phpMyAdmin and also the 4 records in mysql.user.

Before I changed /usr/local/etc/ser/ser.cfg to reflect the mysql I tried
to start ser with
/usr/local/sbin/serctl start

and I had many ser process in my ps list, but now it says:
:/usr/local # /usr/local/sbin/serctl start

Starting SER : PID file exists! (/var/run/ser.pid) already running?

What have I done wrong?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger