[Serusers] Regular Expression Problems in this if statement?

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 18:54:25 CEST 2005

Thanks guys for your reponses

  _____

From: Ramin NIkaeen [mailto:Rnikaeen at goldline.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:29 PM
To: Sherwood McGowan
Subject: RE: [Serusers] Regular Expression Problems in this if statement?

Try

uri =~ "^sip:1[0-9]{10}@[0-9]{3}\.[0-9]{3}\.1\.foo\.bar\.net")

ie. Remove "\" before the "@".

Let me know if it works.

ramin

-----Original Message-----
From: Sherwood McGowan [mailto:madprofzero at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:22 PM
To: serusers at lists.iptel.org

Hello all, very glad to have been a user on this list, though I have been
lurking.

I've checked the documentation and have had trouble finding out information
on how to translate my standard regexes (perl) into SER's routing logic

I'm trying to use the following logic:

if (uri =~ "^sip:1[0-9]{10}\@[0-9]{3}\.[0-9]{3}\.1\.foo\.bar\.net") {

    #perform actions

}

Now, that SHOULD match the following scenario:

uri has 1 + 10 digits + @ + 3digits + . + 3digits + . + 1 + .foor.bar.net

Unfortunately, it's not working.Any help translating the regex, or even just
a link to the syntax allowed, maybe it's not allowing {n} to match n times?

Thanks,

Sherwood McGowan