[Serusers] MediaProxy Not Showing The Traffic

Felipe Louback louback at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:52:05 CEST 2005

I installed ser 8.14 and using mediaproxy 1.4.2.

I am trying to use X-lite to make a call to the PSTN through a PSTN
gateway (asterisk). The PSTN phone rings and get voice, but X-lite
only pass voice. I can hear nothing.

When I use the tool sessions.py available with mediaproxy, it shows me
the call but shows that it is inactive, although the PSTN phone can
hear audio. And after 60 seconds it drops the session, but the PSTN
end still can hear the audio sent from X-lite. And sessions.py does
not show the IP of asterisk....

[root at someplace mediaproxy]# ./sessions.py

Caller                Via               Called     Status    Duration
Codec    Type   Traffic
200.150.x.x:8000 - 127.0.0.1:35008 - ?.?.?.?:?  inactive     0'10"
Unknown  Audio  0/0/0

If I run the rtpgenerator.py it shows the test rtp with traffic flowing.

Here it is what I do in ser.cfg:

   if (method=="INVITE" || method=="ACK") {
        use_media_proxy();
    };

     if (!lookup("location")) {
                if ( ( uri=~"^sip:[0-9]{8}@.*" )  ) {
                        t_relay_to_udp("X.X.X.X", "5060");
                        break;
                }
            sl_send_reply("404", "User not found");
            break;
     };

If I turn off mediaproxy and disable the use_media_proxy, everything works fine.

Any ideas? I read every possible document and found nothing about this.

Thanks

Felipe

--
Master Student - Electrical Engineering Department
Computer Engineering and Telecommunications Research Group

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that
whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16