[Serusers] Problems with radius_proxy_authorize and others

Bruno Machado bsmufu at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 22 22:17:26 CEST 2005

Hello

We are running SER 0.8.14 and FreeRadius 1.0.4 on
Slackware 10 kernel 2.6.12.3. Yesterday, we had
problems with some functions of SER.

radius_www_authorize & www_challenge
radius_proxy_authorize & proxy_challenge

if(method=="REGISTER")
{

 Make sure that user's dont register infinite loops
 # (note: does not match with folded lines)
  if(search("^(Contact|m):.*@(domain\.com\.br)"))
  {
    log(1, "LOG\n");
    sl_send_reply("476","No Server Address in Contacts
Allowed" );
    break;
  };
  #if (!radius_www_authorize(""))
  #{
  #www_challenge("","0");
  #        break;
  #};
  #if (!radius_proxy_authorize(    ""))  {
  #proxy_challenge("sipproxy.taho.com.br", "0" );
  #break;
  #};
  save("location");
  #if (!save("location")) {
  #        sl_reply_error();
  #};
  #m_dump();
  break;
};

This block ( if(method=="REGISTER"){block} ) has these
functions. When  "radius_www_authorize &
www_challenge" or "radius_proxy_authorize &
proxy_challenge" are uncommented, the SER becomes too
slow: it receives around 5 consecutive invites in 7
seconds. After the fifth INVITE, SER answers with a
487 to the User Agent.  The call to PSTN is
established after around 30 seconds . When we comment
these functions, the system runs perfectly, fast and
fast. But is strange, because these functions are
called normally in the routes we the INVITE is
received:

route[5]
if (!radius_proxy_authorize(""))
{
proxy_challenge( "domain.com.br", "0" );
break;
};

In the route, they work perfectly. I'd like to know if
I'm doing wrong things in this scripts.

Thanks a lot, friends.
Bruno Machado