[Serusers] JABBER and SER

Saleh, Saleh Saleh.Saleh at sonyericsson.com
Thu Sep 22 16:27:52 CEST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this list. I would greatly appreciate anyone who can tell me
what I need to do next in order for SER version 0.9.3 to use the Jabber
Module correctly?

This is what I have done so far (on a Red Hat Linux 9 machine):
Installed Jabberd 1.4.4
Installed GNU pth-2.0.4
Installed Expat 1.95.8
Installed Libidn

-I have Modified the config file for SER to load the "Jabber.so" module
after the "pa.so" and "tm.so" modules have been loaded
-(I'm sure this is where I am stuck, what to do with parameters in
config file for SER but I have started to place those in as well, I am
just confused about making the documentation match my settings/variable
names)
-I have partially created a database in MySQL but I have not put tables
or data in it because I have never done this before.

This is what I can/cannot do:
-I can run the jabber server
-I cannot run the SER with the config file which includes the Jabber.so
module load command.

What other files do I need to modify or download? What information do I
need? I'm not very familiar with linux, so please assume I know basic
commands/knowledge... Any comments/suggestions/websites/help is GREATLY
appreciated!

Thanks,

Saleh