[Serusers] MySQL 4.1.10a

John, Paul Paul.John at ipc.com
Mon Sep 19 18:42:53 CEST 2005

I'm having trouble with MySQL starting when the socket file is located
in /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock instead of the default location
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.  I have changed the owner and permission of
the new directory, but I still get the following error in the log. I
don't have another mysqld server running on this machine.

050919 12:24:11 [ERROR] Can't start server : Bind on unix socket:
Permission denied

050919 12:24:11 [ERROR] Do you already have another mysqld server
running on socket: /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock ?

050919 12:24:11 [ERROR] Aborting

Paul