[Serusers] SER proxy and SER+SEMS media server

Teemu Harju teemu.harju at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:11:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm implementing following kind of system. I have two separate machines
where I've installed SER on. The other machine has also SEMS installed. Like
you probably already figured out other is used as a plain proxy/registrar
and the other as a sort of UAS serving voicemail, conference etc with the
help of SEMS.

Now my question is, what is the best way to forward messages from
proxy/registrar to the media server? I've done the forwarding according to
the examples I've found and it uses rewritehostport() to forward messages to
voicemail. Voicemail needs to get the email address from mysql database
located in proxy. This is no problem connecting to the database, but isn't
it so that when I've rewritten the Request-URI that the voicemail cannot
find the email from database beacause it's rewritten and has the media
servers host part in the URI.

How have you guys implemented this? I would also need other SEMS plug-ins
like conference, so I would also need to differentiate those requests also.
Could I rewerite the Request-URI like voicemail at mediaserver? Can the
voicemail still find out who was I actually trying to call to since the URI
is rewritten?

Is there difference in implementing the media server with asterisk? Wouldn't
I need then two different databases? One in asterisk and one in SER.

Thanks...

--
Teemu Harju
http://www.teemuharju.net