[Serusers] LDAP authentication (without Radius)

Felipe Louback louback at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:59:16 CEST 2005

I'm working in a VoIP solution here in my university and we have a
wide LDAP base and I am thinking about using it for

I found on the internet Ldap/Ldaps modules for SER
(http://www.ethworld.ethz.ch/technologies/sipeth/ser_modules/ldaps),
but I am afraid that I could only use them for lookups and not direct
authentication.

I guess I could use radius for authentication but I dont know if
installing a radius server "just" for this would be worth the effort.

Does anyone know if there is a way to authenticate users in a LDAP
server without using Radius? I mean, could I use SER directly with
LDAP without using RADIUS?

Regards,

Felipe
--
Master Student - Electrical Engineering Department
Computer Engineering and Telecommunications Research Group

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that
whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16