[Serusers] [about SER] mydomain is unresolveable

송 미진 trytry02 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:41:54 CEST 2005

confirm 83b7fb1612811c64f85f47a6046dd84dea286d15

Dear
Hi, serhelper.
It’s my great pleasure to e-mail you. My name is Mi-Jin Song. I am a
senior majoring in CS(Computer Science) at the Ewha Univ. in Korea. I just
have a few questions about sip.
First of all, I would like to explain about my situation. I am planning to
make ‘testbed’ using 2 UA (User Agent)s and 3 sip servers, and I use
linux fedora (version 3) as an operating system. In doing so, I have been
using SER(Sip Express Router), sip open source provided by iptel.org, in
order to use sip (session initiation protocol).
When I was using sipsak, SER test tool made by your company, to check the
network condition, but my computer did not seem to understand uri
(sip:mi at sam.cse).
For example, when I put
root]#sipsak -T -s sip:mi at sam.cse
I got an error message which is
‘sam.cse’ is unresolvable’
I made sure I put
root]#export SIP_DOMAIN=”sam.cse”
root]#serctl add mi 111 mi at sam. cse’
before.
What I am guessing is that only using the order,
export SIP _DOMAIN=“same. cse” does not do the uri setting.
It’s been very hard since I could not find enough data and information
regarding SER.
I would like to know if you would be able to tell me what I should do to
make the server recognize uri. If I need to fix something or use other
methods additionally, could you please let me know? I will appreciate it
very much if you could give an answer as soon as possible since the
deadline for my project is coming very soon. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Mi-Jin Song.