[Serusers] Aliases

Darren Sessions dsessions at ionosphere.net
Tue Sep 13 22:33:44 CEST 2005

Question . .

I have a SER box setup that IAD users register to, and to which all
incoming and outgoing calls (on and off net) are routed through as
well (signaling only).

I have static routes setup in SER under the individual IAD usernames,
that forwards calls to a gateway in addition to the sip user (i.e.
for IVR stuff).

I would like to be able to, from this gateway, make calls to the IADs
- via SER - without the calls looping back on the gateway from the
static routes.

The only way I can see this as being plausible, would be to use
save_noreply('aliases') before/after a save('location'). The problem
with that, of course, is the identical usernames.

What I need is a way to save the contact information for the IAD
during the registration to locations, then with a modified username
(i.e. prefixed), save it to aliases so that when I use the gateway to
initiate a call to one of the IADs - it can dial the prefixed number
which in turn has the correct contact information for the IAD via
aliases.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

- D