[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] SER lock fails

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Tue Sep 13 14:31:46 CEST 2005

On Sep 06, 2005 at 17:09, Andreas Granig <andreas.granig at inode.info> wrote:
> Andreas Granig wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >every now and then my SERs (0.9.4-rc3) hang with a load of 12 or so (I
> >think it's because 12 SER children are running).
>
> Ok, it happend again on another server, and it's, similar to the last
> time, a CANCEL which locks up the processes.
>
> Below you can find a backtrace, but I do also have a core file if
> needed. I attached to different children and they all have the same
> backtrace with the same SIP message which causes the lock.

The lock/unlock parts seem ok (I couldn't find any obvious deadlock
candidates).  Next time it happens could you attach to all the ser
processes and get a backtrace from all of them? It would help a lot to
find out which process holds the lock. If you can tell which one it is
from the backtraces, please keep also a core dump from it (kill -6 pid).

Andrei