[Serusers] Setting maxfwd to 1 in single SER env?

Zeus Ng zeus.ng at isquare.com.au
Tue Sep 13 02:15:56 CEST 2005

Except the case that UA may want to forward request to other proxy or call
controller (e.g. voicemail) from its end. An example would be a UA activate
DND and forward all requests to voicemail server within its administrative
domain. It will not be able to do so. If it is your policy to disallow this
type of communication, then yes, you have the logic.

I don't see why you need such control. Max forward is usually used for loop
detection.

Zeus