[Serusers] ebay to pay $4 billion for skype [OT]

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 18:42:16 CEST 2005

very expensive, personally a mistake me thinks. unless ebay want to use
it to expand globably, cause they havent really cracked global market
except through acquisitions, hence skype will let them reach lots more
people.

Using it for buyers and sellers to talk to each other, I am sure hiring
a few people off this list would have been cheaper than $4billion, I'll
do it for $1 billion :-).

What all these big comps jumping into VoIP dont realise is that there is
no one who has successfully moved from business model A, to business
model B, and been a success with it. Think of ISP , it was the new ones,
AOL of this world who dominated not the baby bells, or likes of BT,
think of email, MSN only really did well cause the BOUGHT hotmail,
google can try an do whatever it wants, but it will always be a search
engine, and Skype well if Skype founders had called skype...Kazaa, it
would never have worked, they built a new company from scratch, thats
why it worked.  Yahoo was doing 1 billion mins of voip per month 2 years
ago on chat, and now all of a sudden everyone says they are jumping on
the bandwagon ...

Having said all that I am open to offers over $1billion ...ah hell, $5
million + pizza will do :-)

Iqbal