[Serusers] One failure_route problem remaining

Corey S. McFadden csm-lists at csma.biz
Thu Sep 8 19:05:08 CEST 2005

Greger,

Thanks again for the response. We're working with the vendor now on the GW
problem.  They think their equipment might not be responding properly to
the OK from Asterisk.  (It doesn't seem to be a very talkative piece of
equipment.)

In any case, a few of the other questions linger:

> If your UACs can successfully register, proxy_authorize should also work.
> The INVITE should be authenticated to avoid non-registered users to make
> calls.

Doesn't seem to be the case.  Really not too sure on this one.  Do you
think it might have something to do with the realm not coming through from
the UA?

Anything look wrong to anyone here?

        if (!proxy_authorize("my.net","subscriber")) {
                proxy_challenge("my.net","0");
                break;
        } else if (!check_from()) {
                sl_send_reply("403", "Use From=ID");
                break;
        };
        consume_credentials();

> > - I notice a lot of "Warning: sl_send_reply: I won't send a reply for
> >   ACK!!" but don't know if this is significant or not.  From what I've
> >   read it sounds like ACKs are getting an sl_reply rather than being
> >   t_relayed but I didn't really modify anything related ... ?
>
> Yes, this error tells you that ACKs end in an sl_reply, which they
> shouldn't. You need to identify the type of ACKs (probably related to your
> GW, as a guess), so you can make sure the ACKs are handled correctly.

I added:
        if (uri==myself) {

                if (method=="ACK") {
                        route(1);
                        break;
		} else if ...

to the main route's method check and it didn't seem to help.  If this is
an acceptable method I'll have to continue to research to see how an
sl_reply could be happening.

That should do it for now.  Things are definitely moving in the right
direction.

Thanks again for all the assistance!!

-Corey