[Serusers] mediaproxy feature request: immediate re-invite

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Sep 6 21:20:09 CEST 2005

>> relaying:
>>waste of bandwidth, longer delays, bad scalability, etc.
>>
>>I know this will not work with symmetric NATs, but I found that they are
>>relatively rare and anyway they will neither work with STUN...

I disagree with this statement.  This was true 2 years ago.  But today
most new NAT devices are indeed symmetric.  Just take for example the
Linksys routers that have a Linux OS.  They are Symmetric.  I say this
from our experience.  4 out of 5 NATs that we encounter when adding
subscribers are Symmetric.

Andres.
http://www.telesip.net