[Serusers] [Fwd: SER - Neighbors]

Tue Sep 6 10:03:03 CEST 2005

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Forwarded to serusers.

In your ser.cfg you should differ between authenticated requests and
un-authenticated requests:

authenticated:
  - requests from local users which will be authenticated
    using challenge/authorize():

  - requests from trusted nodes (other ser, gateways...)

un-authenticated:
  - requests which are not authenticated

Thus, in your ser.cfg, first you have to detect if the request is
authenticated or not, and then handle them accordingly.

Their is no "neighbor" feature in ser.

    if (is_from_local()) {
      if (!proxy_authorize(...) {
        www_challenge(...); break;
      }
      # here we have authenticated messages from local users
      ...; break;
    }
    if (src_ip="1.2.3.4" || src_ip="2.3.4.5" ) { # our ser's
      # here we have trusted nodes
      break;
    }
    # here we have all untrusted requests