[Serusers] SER + MediaProxy Issues (Hope this one survives )

Hemant Patel (IP) hpatel at ipwise.com
Mon Sep 5 13:59:17 CEST 2005

  Hello List ,

Am working my way through the OnSIP getting started examples (4.0a)
My testbed and network setup is similar to the OnSip example :

( UA 1 (10.10.10.6)  UA 2 (10.10.10.8)  SER/MediaProxy Server (10.10.10.3)

                                      Internal Lan
                                       [ router ]
                   Public IP on port 5060 passed thru to 10.10.10.3

SER and Two UA's (SJphone) behind a Router with FW.
SER and MediaProxy running on the same box (same internal LAN)

Public IP address and Port (5060) passed through to Ser/Mediaproxy
server via PAT on the Cisco router. (ie public_ip:5060=10.10.10.3:5060
where 10.10.10.3=ser/mediaproxy server address)

UA's on internal LAN (10.10.10.x) can connect with Ser and make calls OK.

UA from outside the LAN cannot register with SER.

I've looked through most of the posts in July/August '05 but without luck

Came across a similar type problem in a post with a response from Greger
suggesting a patch to 'mediaproxy.py' and 'rtphandler.py' introducing a
--vip option in mediaproxy.py
I've tried this but without success. Maybe my patch is incorrect.
I've also tried to follow Greger's advice for ser.cfg by announcing ;
record_route_preset("public_ip")
alias=public_ip

This didn't seem to work. I've probably got something fundamentally
wrong somewhere either in my patches or ser.cfg (?!)
I'd be most grateful for any and all assistance to get me over this
stage/hurdle.

many thanks
regards

Hemant