[Serusers] Connecting to Mysql

Adam King king at rucus.net
Fri Sep 2 15:45:48 CEST 2005

Hi

I am have a problem connecting to the MySql database.  I am running
Fedora Core 3,  ser 0.8.12 (i386/linux), mysql  Ver 12.22 Distrib
4.0.24, for pc-linux-gnu (i686).

In ser.cfg I have chosen to use the MySql database, and attempt to
authenticate using either of (I have tried both at seperate times):
modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "sql://root:XXXX@localhost/ser")
modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "sql://ser:heslo@localhost/ser")
both of which result in:
 0(4971) connect_db(): Access denied for user: 'ser at localhost' (Using
password: YES)
 0(4971) db_init(): Error while trying to connect database
 0(4971) mod_init(): Error while connecting database
 0(4971) init_mod(): Error while initializing module usrloc

However:
# mysql -user -p
Enter password:heslo

AND

# mysql -user -p
Enter password:XXXX

both work.

Even if I attempt to connect using sql://root:XXXX@localhost/ser, do I
get access denied to user ser?
I have not changed the default password 'heslo' for the ser mysql user
yet.  I have also not changed the DEFAULT_DB_URL in config.h.

I presume this is not a bug in SER or anything like that however, and
teh credentials are correct on the MySql side, so I am stuck.  Does
anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Adam