[Serusers] NAT traversal solution by reinvite?

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Thu Sep 1 15:09:29 CEST 2005

Greger V. Teigre wrote:
> Exactly, but this is not the UA, it's the NAT allocating the port (you
> didn't answer whether you are solving the problem of two UAs behind same
> NAT or behind different NATs).

I don't understand your question.

I'm tring to solve the more general case as possible.
Moreover, I'm tring to solve hairpin problems for UAs behind the same
NAT (and only one).

All of this without proxing the RTP streams (just a couple of packets).

> The UA will probably use the same port, but a reINVITE may even change
> IP... The problem is the NAT allocating another port on the public
> interface.

But the various kinds of "cone NATs" should allocate always the same
port (for the same internal IP/Port). This is the assumption on which
STUN is based!

Bye.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it