[Users] how to modify record route header with advertised_address ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Sep 15 20:45:20 CEST 2005

Hi Gustavo,

I spent some time to figure out what the problem was.

The RR module add 2 RR headers (one with the inbound address and one
with the outbound address) - this is the mechanism which helps to route
sequential request over different interfaces/protos/port. The outbound
RR presence is actually inserted only if it's different from the the
inbound one (if the received_socket is the same as send_socket) - this
happens in the most cases.

On the other hand, note that the "advertised_address/port" params have
affect only over the outbound RR!!

So, the problem that I see is actually the condition which triggers the
insertion of the outbound RR - it doesn't take into consideration the
"advertised_address/port" param, if it's set or not. If set, I would say
that outbound RR must be inserted with the "advertised" values.

Also I found a different problem in RR module - if advertised is set, it
should also been used when checking if a Route hdr refer to the proxy.
Otherwise, the whole route mechanism will me messed.

I will run more test and come back with a fix.

regards,
bogdan