[Devel] Re: [Users] cvs is frozen

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Sep 15 20:41:46 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 09/12/05 12:30, Andreas Granig wrote:

> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
>> 1. Sometime the UDP threads get screwed up. Fifo and TCP threads are
>> still working (also TCP in and UDP out) but UDP packets sent to
>> openser are not processed.
>

> Could this be related to the problem I reported here?
> http://mail.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-September/023638.html
>
> What exactly does happen in your case? Does the load also go up?
> What's the SIP message which screws up SER?

this issue should be solved in the latest cvs (committed just a few time
ago). Please try it and let us know if it works.

The deadlock occurred when handling CANCELs within a failure_route. The
failure_route is executed under a lock which protects the replies for
that transaction. As RFC states, a stateful proxy processes the CANCEL
hop by hop and sends back 200OK immediately => this needed to acquire
same lock --  all this processing happens in t_relay*() functions.

Now, no reply is sent for a CANCEL from failure_route (it is already
sent when the CANCEL arrived) or if a reply was already sent (due to
misconfiguration or whatever reason).

Thanks again to Klaus for testing and providing access to affected system.