[Users] Problem with ACK's (branch=0)

reticent tavis.lists at galaxytelecom.net
Wed Sep 14 19:33:16 CEST 2005

I was one of the initial reporters of this "bug"

In my case the issue was the use of Strict routing in the ACK or BYE
message that somehow wasn't caught by the "loose_route()" statement.
The UAC sends the messages with a URI of the SER proxy.

I didn't get a very good reception to my request, i the feeling i got
was that it was passed off an as not important or uninteresting.  In my
case i resolved the issue by upgrading the UAC that was sending the ACK/BYE.

I've seen at least 5-6 people report this, with the varying responses
(mostly that there was no issue, when it looked to me that there was).
I hope someone who understands the necessary specifications and also SER
would look into this and quash the issue once and for all (even if just
to diffinitively identify it)

I would be interested in spending some time to try and get to the bottom
of the issue, i will dig up the data from previous emails this afternoon
and see if i can assist.