[Users] t_relay does not follow RFC3263 "Locating SIP Servers"

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Sep 5 14:10:12 CEST 2005

Hi Franz,

may you point the section from RFC 3263 which says that?
the best I found is
    "4.1 Selecting a Transport Protocol"

   If no NAPTR records are found, the client constructs SRV queries for
   those transport protocols it supports, and does a query for each.
   Queries are done using the service identifier "_sip" for SIP URIs and
   "_sips" for SIPS URIs.  A particular transport is supported if the
   query is successful.  The client MAY use any transport protocol it
   desires which is supported by the server.

      This is a change from RFC 2543.  It specified that a client would
      lookup SRV records for all transports it supported, and merge the
      priority values across those records.  Then, it would choose the
      most preferred record.

regards,
Bogdan