[Serusers] Prepaid approach

Ashutosh kumar ashutoshk at chetu.com
Thu Oct 27 21:08:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

            While trying to implement prepaid solution using SER, I decided
to go be a intuitive approach which is as follows.

            -When the user registers, he is placed in a "voip" groups table
of ser (or radius server database), i.e he can make only pc-to-pc calls.

            - Later , or otherwise, when the user registers, he is shifted
to a "pstn" groups table of ser , i.e noew he can make only pc-to-pstn
calls.

            -Henceforth, whenever  the user logins and tries to make pstn
call, the call is approved only if  group_radius_is_user_in(username)
succeds, else the call rejected by SER.

            -To restrict the user from making pstn calls when his credits
are zero (or beyond a threshold) , a dedicated cron job is scripted to move
users from "pstn" group to "voip" when their

             account_cerdit=0.

Am I right in using this approach, or are there any foreseeable problems
which I might be overlooking.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ashutosh Kumar