[Serusers] OpenSER infrastructure dimensioning

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 27 16:02:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 10/27/05 16:13, Vanlandschoote Michel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are considering OpenSER for offering free SIP-based voice, video
> and IM services and I am trying to get an idea of the project cost.
>
> The components we need are:
> - SIP stateful proxy + registrar server
> - location & presence server
> - simple2jabber
> - media proxy for symmetrical NAT traversal
> - (perhaps I forgot something here?)
> We'll rely on external gateways for PSTN access so that is not to be
> taken in consideration here.
>
> Now can somebody give me an indication on the server park dimensioning?
> In other words, how many SIP servers, media proxies, ... would I need
> per 10000 subscribers?
a computer as you described below is more than necessary. The bottle
neck could be the bandwidth if you proxy the media stream through the server

> The server platform could be e.g.:
> - operating system: Linux
> - hardware: HP ProLiant DL380 Generation 3 (single CPU with 1GB RAM)
> but of course any equivalent would do as well.
>
> I also have a second question: which organisations in Europe offer
> commercial support for OpenSER?
The openser project is the result of many contributions, its  public
activity and development is guided by business independence. For such
requirements and questions, the project provides a mailing list
business at openser.org, where the contributors and independent consultants
are ready to take your request: