[Serusers] REGISTER attempt when db is down

yserge yserge at newxt.com
Wed Oct 26 21:33:54 CEST 2005

With recently changed behavior of MySQL the reconnection scheme of SER
( and I am running SER 0.9.4 and MySQL 5.0.13 )  would no longer work..
It's OK, that can be fixed with slight correction of MySQL configuration
or with minor change in SER code..

What I noticed though is that if the database does go down, the REGISTER
request does not get any response, while I would expect SER to still
send something like 500 Internal Server Error.. I wonder if it's a SER
bug or a routing script issue..

Thanks,
Sergei